Annual energy efficiency and conservation program savings (% of community electricity use)
Analysis of Performance
- This is an annual metric, currently reflecting 2019 final data.
- 2020 program savings look to be on track, with final reporting data available by February.
- The 2019 portfolio savings from energy efficiency programs was over 42,000 megawatt-hours, equivalent to 2.8% of the community electricity use (the 2019 Energy Policy target is 2%).
- The composition of the savings results is described in the Energy Policy annual update to Council, available at fcgov.com/utilities/what-we-do
- Cumulative efficiency savings in 2020 from past customer participation will be over 216,000 megawatt-hours, displacing over 14% of the total electricity use of the community.
- This is the highest percentage level of savings since reporting began in 2004. Community savings from the conservation effects of the time-of-day pricing structure contributed the incremental savings to reach this high level.
Why Is This Important?
City Organization Impact on Performance